Press FOCUS/CAST or QUICK CAST without holding UP or DOWN to launch a projectile that passes through enemies and deals damage. The projectile will pass through invulnerable parts of an enemy, such as a shield or shell, but will not damage a fully protected enemy.
Before the player has acquired any other Spells, Vengeful Spirit will cast regardless of the direction being held.
- Flukenest turns the Vengeful Spirit into a horde of baby flukes that bounce around dealing damage. This is particularly powerful up close, and damage falls off with distance.
- When combined with Defender's Crest, launches a single large fluke that explodes into a damage-dealing cloud of gas.
- Shaman Stone increases the width of the projectile and the damage dealt by 33%.
- Spell Twister lowers the SOUL cost to cast Vengeful Spirit to 24 SOUL.
- Can be upgraded to Shade Soul.
|Charm||Damage Per Hit||Total Damage|
|Flukenest + Shaman Stone||5||45|
|Charm||Impact Damage||Cloud Damage||Total Damage|
|Flukenest + Defender's Crest||3||1||26|
|Flukenest + Defender's Crest + Shaman Stone||3||1||29|
How to Acquire
- The game files refer to this spell as "Fireball". In the developer notes an old inventory description for Vengeful Spirit can also be found:
- "A desire for revenge is seared into the SOUL of those who fell in battle or were wronged in life. A Shaman can concentrate this desire and cast it out into the world to burn away whatever stands before them."
- With the Vengeful Spirit spell, the Elder Baldur blocking the way to Greenpath can be killed. This is the intended way to access the rest of the areas in the game.
- Vengeful Spirit pushes The Knight backward slightly. This allows crossing some gaps that would otherwise be impassable without assistance; for example, in Greenpath, it is possible to skip to the ledge where the player first sees Hornet.