Learned bug, wielding a refined pinblade. Enhances its combat prowess with harvested soul.
Where these strange warriors go, whispers follow them. Not only are they skilled with a nail, they can also use some strange power to shift suddenly from place to place. Stay on guard.
Soul Warriors are scholars who enhanced their combat abilities with stolen Soul. Unlike the other scholars in the sanctum, they seem to have a very hazy grasp of their own memories and the origins of their powers.
Two Soul Warriors can be fought in the Soul Sanctum. One guards the main access to the Sanctum's upper levels. The other guards the side wing locked with the Elegant Key and summons up to 24 Follies to help it. Two more can be fought during the Trial of the Fool in the Colosseum. The first one summons up to 9 Follies and the second is assisted by a Soul Twister. Soul Warriors always ambush the Knight by teleporting above them and slashing down right as the battle begins.
Behaviour and Tactics
Soul Warriors teleport around the arena and use the following attacks:
- Dive-Slash: Soul Warrior teleports above the Knight and slashes downwards while falling. It always begins a fight with this attack.
- Dash-Slash: Soul Warrior raises its pinblade and rushes forward with a slash attack.
- Conjure Orb: Soul Warrior fires a homing Soul orb, identical to the one used by Soul Twisters and the Soul Master.
- Teleport: Soul Warrior teleports within the arena to prepare for an attack or avoid the Knight.
- Skitter: Soul Warrior walks slowly forwards or backwards within the arena before it uses another attack. If the Knight gets close, it may dash quickly backwards to evade. It can also chain this dash into a Teleport.
- Summon: During certain fights with a Soul Warrior, it constantly spawns Follies. There is no limit to the number of Follies that can be alive at once on the screen. This attack is only used by the Soul Warrior within the Elegant Key room and the first Soul Warrior in the Trial of the Fool.
The best chance to hit it is right after its Dive-Slash attack, by sidestepping and getting in as many attacks as possible before it recovers, or, right after its Dash-Slash attack, either by jumping over it and down-striking or moving just out of the attack's limited range. Since Soul Warrior stays on the ground, its homing orb is more predictable than the ones fired by Soul Twisters and the Soul Master.
Hall of Gods text: "I haunt the halls of a sanctum"
"Haunted god of the sanctum"
|Pantheon||Pantheon of the Master, 8th boss|
|Arena changes||No Arena changes. Spawns up to 36 Follies on Ascended difficulty or above.|
Dream Nail Dialogue
|Main Game||Crawlid • Vengefly • Vengefly King • Gruzzer • Gruz Mother • Tiktik • Aspid Hunter • Aspid Mother • Aspid Hatchling • Goam • Wandering Husk • Husk Hornhead • Leaping Husk • Husk Bully • Husk Warrior • Husk Guard • Entombed Husk • False Knight (Failed Champion) • Maggot • Menderbug • Lifeseed • Baldur • Elder Baldur
Ambloom • Fungling • Fungoon • Sporg • Fungified Husk • Shrumeling • Shrumal Warrior • Shrumal Ogre • Mantis Youth • Mantis Warrior • Mantis Lords
Husk Sentry • Heavy Sentry • Winged Sentry • Lance Sentry • Mistake • Folly • Soul Twister • Soul Warrior • Soul Master (Tyrant) • Husk Dandy • Cowardly Husk • Gluttonous Husk • Gorgeous Husk • Great Husk Sentry • Watcher Knight • The Collector
|The Grimm Troupe||