The Shade Cloak acts as an upgrade to the Mothwing Cloak.
Environmental hazards still deal damage. Dashing through most projectiles destroys the projectile.
The Shade Cloak has a small cooldown (1.5 sec) independent of the regular dash. This is indicated by shadow particles scattering around the Knight while it is on cooldown, then being absorbed into the Knight when it recharges. Dashing while the cooldown is in effect will result in a normal dash which does not phase through enemies.
Acquiring the Shade Cloak also unlocks new dialogue for Mask Maker.
How to Acquire
Located in the Abyss, to the very east, beyond the sea of Void. The Knight must first climb the lighthouse on the west side of the sea and activate the light in order to suppress the Void Tendrils blocking access to the Shade Cloak room. Once there, standing inside the bowl of the Void fountain results in Void permeating the Knight before the ability is granted.
- The Knight may shadow dash downwards with the Dashmaster Charm equipped.
- Hitting the creature holding the bowl without having the Awoken Dream Nail makes a possible seal appear over its head.
- Hitting it with the Awoken Dream Nail gives the line "...Void... Power... Without unity..."
- After acquiring the Void Heart it gives "...Lord of Shades..."
- If the Shade Cloak is obtained before the Mothwing Cloak, the item does not do anything until it is obtained. This is different from the Spell upgrades, where if cheated to obtain them early, the upgrade will unlock the Spell.