The Shade Cloak acts as an upgrade to the Mothwing Cloak.
Explosions and environmental hazards will still deal damage. Dashing through most projectiles will also destroy the projectile.
The Shade Cloak has a small cooldown (~2 sec) independent of the regular Dash. This is indicated by shadow particles scattering around the Knight while it is on cooldown, then being absorbed into the Knight when it recharges. Dashing while the cooldown is in effect will result in a normal dash which does not phase through enemies.
The Dashmaster charm does not reduce the Shade Cloak cooldown. It only reduces the normal dash cooldown.
Acquiring it also unlocks new dialogue for Mask Maker.
How to Acquire
Located in the Abyss, to the very east, beyond the sea of Void. The Knight must first climb the lighthouse on the west side of the sea and activate the light in order to suppress the Void Tendrils blocking access to the Shade Cloak room. Once there, standing inside the bowl of the Void fountain will result in Void permeating the Knight before the ability is granted.
- In the game files, this ability is referred to as "Shadow Dash".
- The Knight may shadow dash downwards with Dashmaster equipped.
- Hitting the creature holding the bowl with the Awoken Dream Nail gives the dialogue "...Void... Power... Without unity..."
- After acquiring the Void Heart it gives "...Lord of Shades..."
- If the Shade Cloak is obtained before the Mothwing Cloak, the item does not do anything until it is obtained. This is different from the spell upgrades, where if cheated to obtain them early, the upgrade will unlock the spell.