Forgotten champion of the Colosseum, drawn away by strange obsessions.
This odd creature is unaffected by and unaware of the disease drifting through the caverns. Its madness is all its own.
Behaviour and Tactics
Pale Lurker is a mini-boss style enemy that will first be encountered sitting idly muttering over her key, once approached she will scream and proceed into her arena. Her arena consists of a massive rectangular chamber with two big blocks creating tunnels in an infinity shape. Once entering this arena the Knight will be locked in.
She will once again sit idly in a location within her arena until she is found. When drawing near Pale Lurker leaps away from the Knight, hopping across the ground and even hopping up walls, occasionally dropping indestructible spikes in her path. These spikes will disappear after a short while and can be maneuvered around.
If the Knight gets too close, Pale Lurker lashes her arms around herself, dealing contact damage, if the Knight moves far enough away to dodge this attack, she will keep running, if the Knight is still close to the Pale Lurker after she finished this attack, she will burrow into the ground and find a different location in the area to wait until she is found again.
- Due to her speed and her difficult to dodge attacks, it is recommended to attack Pale Lurker from afar with Vengeful Spirit and the sword beams from Grubberfly's Elegy when in range.
- Grimmchild can also be used to attack the Pale Lurker, but her speed in some situations counters the accuracy of the Grimmchild's attack.
- Combining Sharp Shadow and Dash Slash is effective for attacking her swiftly in melee combat.
- Dash Slash is a great way to stay a distance away from Pale Lurker and also deal large amounts of damage, especially when combined with Nailmaster's Glory.
After defeating her the initial gate blocking the chasm will be opened allowing direct passage back to the Colosseum.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
The Pale Lurker is found in a secret area to the right of the Colosseum of Fools, the Pale Lurker's Retreat.
- Although technically not a boss, the player will be gated into a small challenge room where the Pale Lurker has to be defeated in order to leave.
- When in combat with Pale Lurker the City of Tears (Action) theme will play.
- Through translations, Pale Lurker has been confirmed to be female.
- Pale Lurker is one of three enemies added in content packs that are required for the Hunter's Mark, the other two being the Hive Knight and the Flukemunga.