Larger cousin of the Obble. Pairs with a mate for life and will never leave its side.
Having a mate by your side... one that will never leave you until death. Strange. No mate has ever come forth to stay by my side...
The Oblobbles are a dual boss in Hollow Knight. They sit at the top of the Trial of the Conqueror. Two separate fights against them are required to unlock their Journal entry, either through replaying the trial or battling them in Godhome.
The Oblobbles are larger relatives of the Obble, and are able to move faster and fire more projectiles per attack. The Knight can encounter a pair of them in the Colosseum of Fools during the Trial of the Conqueror. These Oblobbles are raised and trained within the Colosseum to take part in the fight against gladiators Killing one enrages the other and makes it move and attack faster.
Behaviour and Tactics
Two are fought in the Trial of the Conqueror at once.
- Acid Cannonade: The Oblobbles spit large shots of liquid in six patterns of four around their bodies, similar to regular Obbles. Each set of four shots are evenly spaced 90 degrees apart and each following set of shots is rotated roughly 30 to 45 degrees from the previous.
- Fly: While not performing any attacks, the Oblobbles fly in a diagonal pattern, bouncing off the walls. If one is hit from behind, this will cause it to turn around.
- Frenzy: Once one Oblobble has been killed, the second one goes into a rage. When this happens, it flies around much faster and the speed of its Acid Cannonade is significantly increased, along with the speed of the projectiles themselves. However, the projectiles still occur in six patterns of four with the same spacing. This state lasts for the rest of the battle.
When the second Oblobble goes into Frenzy, it regains some health and gets a boost to its maximum health as well. The Knight can either focus one Oblobble down or try to distribute damage across both Oblobbles so that the last Oblobble has as little health as possible. Spells are very useful for distributing damage.
Nail Arts like Great Slash and Dash Slash and Spells like Vengeful Spirit/Shade Soul and Howling Wraiths/Abyss Shriek are useful throughout the fight. Cyclone Slash is also good for Phase 1, but not when the Frenzy Phase begins.
Using 2-4 Abyss Shrieks can easily kill an Oblobble; however, it requires enough SOUL before the fight. Using the Dream Nail or the Soul Eater Charm (on certain enemies) can make this significantly easier. Charms that make spellcasting easier (such as Shaman Stone or Spell Twister) are good ways to get rid of the Oblobbles fast without taking too much unnecessary damage.
The Nail Arts are great in the Frenzy Phase because there is so little time between Acid Cannonade attacks. The safest places to heal are the corners of the arena. The Knight can heal 1 or more Masks in between Acid Cannonade attacks, even in the Frenzy Phase. The Shape of Unn Charm can be used to dodge the Acid Cannonade attack and allows for easier healing opportunities, especially when combined with Quick Focus.
Hall of Gods text: "Together we are chained in a strange colosseum"
"Lover gods of faith and devotion"
|Pantheon||Pantheon of the Artist, 4th boss|
|Health||450 (both) / up to 600 during stage 2|
|750 (both) / up to 750 during stage 2|
|Arena changes||Same arena as the base game fight, no difficulty differences.|
Dream Nail Dialogue
|Complete the Trial of the Conqueror|
- The Oblobble's Dream Nail dialogue is the same as the Hive Guardian's.
- It is possible to kill both Oblobbles at once, skipping the Frenzy Phase altogether, though this is quite difficult and not recommended. This can be accomplished if the Howling Wraiths/Abyss Shriek spell damages and defeats both Oblobbles at exactly the same time.