Protector of the Greenpath, trained in the ways of the Nail and the Shell.
They hide as bush-like mounds and look soft, but beware these warriors! They are relentless in combat, fiercely guarding something hidden deep in the Greenpath.
Behaviour and Tactics
- Block: blocks with its shield when engaged. It faces the Knight with the shield from any direction.
- Swing: strikes once or twice to the front, lunging forward with each swipe and pausing for a bit after the last strike.
- Thorn Spit: spits a projectile of thorns at the Knight that travels in a parabolic arc. This projectile can be destroyed by hitting it with the Nail or a Spell.
- Disengage: occasionally jumps backwards, disengaging from melee battle. If the Knight is close enough it chains this into a melee attack, baiting the Knight into pursuing them. If it creates enough distance between it and the Knight it chains it into a Thorn Spit attack.
There are several easy ways to dispose of it. 3 Vengeful Spirit casts and 1 Nail hit is the easiest way to kill it in the early game.
Baiting its melee attack by standing in front of it and jumping over it to land a few hits from above is a safe strategy as well. Another strategy is to use the Mothwing Cloak, bait its ranged attack, then dash in to get a hit in before it can raise its shield again.
Dream Nail Dialogue
- ...New light, in our leaves...
- ...Kill, for light...For Unn...
- ...She is calling... Home so close... (at Lake of Unn)
- A non-respawning Moss Knight with unique Dream Nail dialogue is found looking across the surface of the Lake of Unn.