Lingering dream of a fallen warrior. Protector of the Queen's Gardens.
If you believe in something as hard as you can, with your eyes shut tight... eventually it will come true!
Marmu was the innocent-minded yet strong protector of the Queen's Gardens. The Queen promised to teach her how to fly upon her return to the verdant retreat. Marmu passed away before that day and a totem in her memory was placed upon her grave in the gardens' wilds.
Marmu's ghost appears at her totem after the Knight acquired the Dream Nail. It proposes them to play together while waiting for the return of the Queen. Upon defeat, Marmu realises how long she has waited while defending the gardens. She desires to rest and asks the Knight to wake her up once the Queen arrives, wishing she could teach them both how to fly. Her ghost then shatters in 150 Essence to be collected by the Dream Nail.
Behaviour and Tactics
Marmu has only one attack and one ability:
- Hurl: Marmu will curl into a ball and hurl herself at the Knight from various angles.
- Teleport: Used in conjunction with her attack, Marmu will teleport to a random section of the arena.
Damaging Marmu will knock her back a bit. Staying underneath and attacking upward to juggle her is a dependable method of attack, especially with Quick Slash equipped. Be ready though because Marmu gains movement speed when she bumps a wall or the ceiling.
Since Marmu usually stays relatively close to the player, an area of effect build can be quite useful. Equipping Thorns of Agony, Spore Shroom, Grubsong, Quick Focus, and Stalwart Shell helps greatly.
If the player wants to defeat Marmu as fast as possible, using an all spell strategy would help. Equipping Shaman Stone and spamming Abyss Shriek when she's close-by can easily kill her. Marmu can bounce through Abyss Shriek and still collide with the player. Descending Dark is a useful Spell to escape danger and damage Marmu at the same time.
Using any health-boosting charms would help as well.
It is recommended to stick to a corner while fighting Marmu. This will limit the angles from which she can attack, allowing for easier defending. Being backed into a corner is not an issue since any successful attack on Marmu knocks her backwards.
Due to the "accuracy" of Marmu's Hurl attack, it is possible to heal safely while she's attacking. Baldur Shell can be used to block any attack that happens to make its way in. The combination of Quick Focus and Shape of Unn can allow the player to heal and dodge Marmu's Hurl.
Hall of Gods text: "I lie dreaming patiently in a garden"
"Dreamborn god of gardens"
|Pantheon||Pantheon of the Artist, 6th boss|
|Arena changes||The arena gets shrunk down and boxed off with thorns on all three sides on Ascended difficulty or above.|
Marmu is located in the Queen's Gardens, west of the Stag Station.
- Marmu is based on a Puss Moth Caterpillar; as seen here.
- Zara Pellen the backer who created Marmu is the mother of William Pellen, one of the members of Team Cherry.
- ↑ Deleted livestream on Mixer
- ↑ When We Made… Hollow Knight
- ↑ Marmu Hunter's Journal entry: "Protector of the Queen's Gardens."
- ↑ Marmu: "I've kept it safe, this sacred garden! I've kept it safe for all this time, and soon the Queen will return and teach me to fly!"
- ↑ Marmu: "Shall we wait together, stranger? Shall we play together?"
- ↑ Marmu: "I've been waiting a long time, stranger. I've been fighting a long time, stranger."
- ↑ Marmu: "Wake me when the Queen arrives, stranger. Perhaps the Queen will teach us both to fly, stranger!"