Weakest member of the kingdom of Hallownest. Generally looked down upon and forced to do menial labour.
Consisting mainly of sweet fat, these helpless creatures make excellent provisions for long journeys. Best roasted over open flame. If they try to bargain for their life, just ignore them. They have nothing to offer.
Behaviour and Tactics
Flees from the Knight while blubbering, posing no threat. Runs until it hits a wall then ricochets and continues at the wall. They do not respawn.
Due to their slow speed and nonexistent threat due to their lack of contact damage, they are very good for gathering SOUL with the Dream Nail. This is especially useful for preparing for the Failed Champion boss fight.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
Found in Forgotten Crossroads above the False Knight's arena. They appear after False Knight has been defeated, but the room must be re-entered for them to spawn. Requires Mantis Claw to reach.
- The False Knight is actually a maggot that stole Hegemol's armoured shell in order to protect his siblings.
- In the game files, they are referred to as "prayer slug".
- Upon death, Maggots emit an Infection cloud, despite not showing any hostility as infected creatures do.
- ↑ Maggot Hunter's Journal entry: "Weakest member of the kingdom of Hallownest. Generally looked down upon and forced to do menial labour."
- ↑ False Knight: "I wanted it.... the strength to protect the others... When I saw that Knight... sleeping... safe in his big armoured shell... It wasn't madness that drove me to it... I just wanted it..."