A Lifeblood Cocoon is a large sac filled with Lifeblood found in various places throughout Hallownest. When struck, it spawns 2-5 Lifeseeds. Each Lifeseed that is killed is absorbed for 1 Lifeblood Mask which is added on top of the Knight's regular Masks. The number of Lifeseeds spawned depends on which Cocoon is destroyed.
The location of a hidden Cocoon may be hinted at by the distinct blue butterfly-like plants growing around the path leading up to it. Occasionally, the Cocoon itself makes quiet chirping sounds, further hinting at its presence.
A Cocoon Pin may be purchased from Iselda for 100, which marks the locations of all discovered Lifeblood Cocoons on any purchased Maps.
|King's Pass||Northwest of the Focus tutorial sign.||2|
|Ancestral Mound||Northwest of the Elder Baldur.||2|
|Greenpath||Behind a breakable wall above where a Moss Knight is first encountered.||2|
|Fog Canyon||Above a hallway filled with Charged Lumaflies.||3|
|Fungal Wastes||In the Mantis Lords arena, in the upper left corner behind a breakable wall.||2|
|Failed Tramway||In a secret room at the top of the sub-area.||2|
|Deepnest||Directly above the arena where Galien is fought.||3|
|Kingdom's Edge||Within a secret path below Bardoon.||3|
Within Godhome, on the bottom floor to the left of the entrance to the Hall of Gods, is a locked door with several notches. Whenever a Pantheon is completed with one or more bindings active, the same number of notches light up with a blue glow. A given binding in a given Pantheon can only be counted once. A minimum of 8 bindings must be completed to open the door.
Upon entering the room, a blue dreamcatcher can be found attached to the ceiling. Using the Dream Nail on it adds Lifeblood Cocoons to every Bench in the Pantheons. The number of Lifeseeds that spawn from the Cocoons depends on the number of bindings completed:
- Completing 8 bindings - 3 Lifeseeds per Cocoon.
- Completing 4 additional bindings (12 total) - 4 Lifeseeds per Cocoon.
- Completing 4 additional bindings (16 total) - 5 Lifeseeds per Cocoon.
- Prior to the Lifeblood update, all Lifeblood Cocoons contained a random number of Lifeseeds from 2 to 4.
- Prior to the Voidheart Edition, the Lifeblood Cocoons in Pantheons gave one less Lifeseed.
- The location of the Lifeblood Cocoon in the Failed Tramway is marked on the Map even if the Cocoon Pin has not been purchased from Iselda.