Leaps at prey and uses its sharp proboscis to drain vital fluids.
This hopping thief's belly is full of the blood it has stolen from other beasts. If you hold it above a fire, the belly will grow and grow until it explodes in a steaming shower of fluids.
Behaviour and Tactics
It hops in one direction until it hits a wall, where it then turns around and continues hopping in the other direction. It only deals contact damage.
The best tactic to deal with it safely is to continually attack it from the front, as the knockback is enough to keep it away. It has a surprisingly high amount of health and drops a lot of Geo for such a common enemy.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
- During the beta for Hollow Knight, Hoppers could be found in the Forgotten Crossroads, their positions have been mostly replaced by Crawlids.
- An early screenshot also showed the Hoppers in a "mushroom_grotto".
- ↑ Wanderer's Journal, p. 114.
- ↑ Hopper Hunter's Journal entry: "Leaps at prey and uses its sharp proboscis to drain vital fluids."
- ↑ Hollow Knight (Beta) - Part 1
- ↑ Screenshot folder of the 16 November 2014 version of the Hollow Knight Press Kit