Play as Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, and adventure through a whole new kingdom ruled by silk and song! Captured and brought to this unfamiliar world, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak.
Hollow Knight: Silksong is the sequel to Hollow Knight featuring Hornet as the playable character. It is being developed by Team Cherry for Windows, macOS and Linux, with a port to Nintendo Switch by Shark Jump Studios planned for the release as well.
"Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world."
"Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat."
"Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps, and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights."
"Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!"
"Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights - you must defeat them all with bravery and skill!"
"Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure."
"Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience."
Featured in the new kingdom of Pharloom are:
- Unique moves and abilities for Hornet
- New SOUL counterpart: Silk
- Crests, which will likely change the equipment slots for Tools depending on the equipped Crest
- A Quest system
- A new form of fast travel: the Bell Beast.
- A new form of currency called Rosaries
- "Shell Shards", which are used to repair/replenish tools when sitting on a Bench
- Unique new game mode called Silk Soul mode. Unlocked after beating the game. A new mode similar to Steel Soul Mode, but while Steel Soul had very small tweaks and is largely a permadeath mode, Silk Soul is projected to take "a step further" than the previous game-mode and provide an experience that can potentially "last a little longer".
Hollow Knight: Silksong was first planned as additional content to Hollow Knight, as part of a Kickstarter goal to have a second playable character. Eventually, the development became too ambitious for a DLC, so the developers opted for a new game. It was revealed on February 14th, 2019. The game is also planned to incorporate the remaining Kickstarter backer creations such as characters, bosses and areas.