Assumes the shape of a harmless creature to lure prey.
Luring an enemy close by pretending to be a weak little grub. Very cunning! Unfortunately for them, I eat these grubs as soon as I see them.
Behaviour and Tactics
Pretends to be a Grub trapped in a glass jar. It emits the same sounds as a normal Grub, however, once freed, it reveals its true form and charges at the Knight.
It is quite fast and has a lot of health, but its main weapon is the element of surprise. Simply attack from above to deal with it easily. These creatures can also be discovered by Dream Nailing since normal Grubs always read "...Home..." while Grub Mimics have their normal Dream Nail dialogue.
Dream Nail Dialogue
There are a total of 5 in the whole game.
- 1 in the west of Crystal Peak.
- 3 in the north of Deepnest.
- 1 in the 10th wave of the Trial of the Conqueror.
- The Grub Mimic is one of the few enemies that never respawns.
- The Grub Mimic in the Colosseum of Fools cannot be Dream Nailed. This prevents them from being used as an infinite source of SOUL and making it too easy to heal.
- When breaking the jar, the audience laughs at the surprise of the Grub turning into a Mimic. However, if the Knight Dream Nailed the jar before breaking it, the audience does not laugh.
- If a Grub Mimic is freed but not defeated before leaving the room, it appears back in its disguised Grub form when returning - but without the glass encasing. Upon being approached it plays out its transformation as usual.
- When killed, Grub Mimics revert back to their disguised Grub form.
- Wanderer's Journal, p. 90.
|Main Game||Crawlid • Vengefly • Vengefly King • Gruzzer • Gruz Mother • Tiktik • Aspid Hunter • Aspid Mother • Aspid Hatchling • Goam • Wandering Husk • Husk Hornhead • Leaping Husk • Husk Bully • Husk Warrior • Husk Guard • Entombed Husk • False Knight (Failed Champion) • Maggot • Menderbug • Lifeseed • Baldur • Elder Baldur
Ambloom • Fungling • Fungoon • Sporg • Fungified Husk • Shrumeling • Shrumal Warrior • Shrumal Ogre • Mantis Youth • Mantis Warrior • Mantis Lords
Husk Sentry • Heavy Sentry • Winged Sentry • Lance Sentry • Mistake • Folly • Soul Twister • Soul Warrior • Soul Master (Tyrant) • Husk Dandy • Cowardly Husk • Gluttonous Husk • Gorgeous Husk • Great Husk Sentry • Watcher Knight • The Collector
|The Grimm Troupe||