Young and playful member of the Grimm Troupe. As part of the Ritual, it gathers scarlet flame within its torch. It will relinquish the flame once defeated.
"Shadows dream of endless fire,
Behaviour and Tactics
- Charge: Charges directly at the Knight with extreme speed.
- Flame Spray: Fires three fireballs at once, one directly forward and two diagonally. The Novice is then left vulnerable for a few seconds.
Like other Grimmkin spirits, Novices spawn when the Knight approaches a torch with the Grimmchild Charm equipped, at which point they become aggressive, following and attacking the Knight until they kill them or leave the current room.
Grimmkin have the unique behaviour of following the Knight's movements exactly, staying a constant distance away from the Knight until performing an action.
Their Charge attack can be dodged or Shadow Dashed through. It is possible, but risky, to attack them during this Charge. The Sharp Shadow Charm makes it possible to damage them with minimal risk simply by dashing through them.
Dream Nail Dialogue
- Dance with me!
- So dark! Burn brighter!
- Take it, if you're worthy!
- When in combat with any Grimmkin, the Accordion Chase theme plays.
- Cut Grimmkin Novice sprites existed in the game's files prior to the release of Lifeblood. It was a different version of the Charge attack animation where the Grimmkin can be seen as a flame with a mask without clothing.
- Grimmkin Novice Hunter's Journal entry: "Young and playful member of the Grimm Troupe. As part of the Ritual, it gathers scarlet flame within its torch."