Terrifying member of the Grimm Troupe. As part of the Ritual, it gathers scarlet flame within its torch. It will relinquish the flame once defeated.
"Dance and die and live forever,
-'The Grimm Troupe'
Behaviour and Tactics
- Nightmare Pursuit: Charges directly at the Knight with extreme speed.
- Nightmare Flame Spray: Fires five fireballs at once. The pattern is identical to the Grimmkin Master's attack but deals more damage.
- Flame Vortex: Summons five fireballs that spiral outwards from the Nightmare's body.
- Bonfire: Summons three pillars of fire underneath the Knight in succession.
Like other Grimmkin spirits, Nightmares spawn when the Knight approaches a flame with the Grimmchild Charm equipped, at which point they become aggressive, following and attacking the Knight until they kill them or leave the current room. Nightmares deal two Masks of damage to the Knight with most attacks and thus require greater care.
Grimmkin have the unique behaviour of following the Knight's movements exactly, staying a constant distance away from the Knight until acting.
Their Nightmare Pursuit attack can be dodged or Shadow Dashed through. It is possible, but risky, to attack them during this charge. The Sharp Shadow Charm makes it possible to damage them with minimal risk simply by dashing through them.
The Bonfire attack is easily avoidable with quick movement and dashes.
Dream Nail Dialogue
- When in combat with any Grimmkin, the Accordion Chase theme plays.
- Cut Grimmkin Nightmare sprites existed in the game's files prior to the release of Lifeblood. It was a different version of the Nightmare Pursuit attack animation where the Grimmkin can be seen as a flame with a mask without clothing.
- During the fight with Troupe Master Grimm, Grimmkin Nightmares can be seen in the audience alongside Grimmkin Novices and Grimmkin Masters. They now share their colouration with the others instead of being the usual dark scarlet colour that is seen during their encounters with the Knight. However, during the battle with Nightmare King Grimm, regular-coloured Grimmkin Nightmares are the sole member of the audience.
- Grimmkin Nightmare Hunter's Journal entry: "Terrifying member of the Grimm Troupe. As part of the Ritual, it gathers scarlet flame within its torch."
|Main Game||Crawlid • Vengefly • Vengefly King • Gruzzer • Gruz Mother • Tiktik • Aspid Hunter • Aspid Mother • Aspid Hatchling • Goam • Wandering Husk • Husk Hornhead • Leaping Husk • Husk Bully • Husk Warrior • Husk Guard • Entombed Husk • False Knight (Failed Champion) • Maggot • Menderbug • Lifeseed • Baldur • Elder Baldur
Ambloom • Fungling • Fungoon • Sporg • Fungified Husk • Shrumeling • Shrumal Warrior • Shrumal Ogre • Mantis Youth • Mantis Warrior • Mantis Lords
Husk Sentry • Heavy Sentry • Winged Sentry • Lance Sentry • Mistake • Folly • Soul Twister • Soul Warrior • Soul Master (Tyrant) • Husk Dandy • Cowardly Husk • Gluttonous Husk • Gorgeous Husk • Great Husk Sentry • Watcher Knight • The Collector
|The Grimm Troupe||