Powerful and devoted member of the Grimm Troupe. As part of the Ritual, it gathers scarlet flame within its torch. It will relinquish the flame once defeated.
"A spark of red lights darkest dream,
-'The Grimm Troupe'
Behaviour and Tactics
- Heavy Charge: Charges directly at the Knight with extreme speed.
- Master Flame Spray: Fires five fireballs at once, three in the same pattern as Grimmkin Novices and two more in the gaps between them after a slight delay. The Master is then left vulnerable for a few seconds.
- Flame Spiral: Fires four fireballs that spiral outwards from the Master's body. This attack also leaves the Master vulnerable.
Like other Grimmkin spirits, Masters will spawn when the Knight approaches a torch with the Grimmchild equipped, at which point they will become aggressive, following and attacking the Knight until they kill them or leave the current map.
Grimmkin have the unique behaviour of following the Knight's movements exactly, staying a constant distance away from the Knight until performing an action.
Their Heavy Charge attack can be dodged or Shadow Dashed through. It is possible, but risky, to attack them during this charge. Sharp Shadow is useful for dealing damage while simultaneously avoiding this attack.
Dream Nail Dialogue
- When in combat with any Grimmkin, the Accordion Chase theme will play.
- Cut Grimmkin Master sprites existed in the game's files prior to the release of Lifeblood. It was a different version of the Heavy Charge attack animation where the Grimmkin can be seen as a flame with a mask without clothing.