Carnivorous plant that snaps at any creature that comes close.
You really would have to be a fool to be tricked by a plant.
Behaviour and Tactics
It is usually well-hidden, often found guarding Geo deposits and other objects of interest. The jagged ridges of its mouth can be seen barely protruding from the ground. When the Knight moves within range, its mouth shakes, causing leaves to come unsettled, and then snaps shut.
Bait it into closing its mouth by stepping on it. After it begins to shake, quickly jump or dash away. It can only be damaged while its mouth is closed, so either move back in for a Nail attack or hit it with a Spell.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
- It will kill any other enemies caught within its jaws when attacking.
- There is one Fool Eater guarding a Hallownest Seal in the Queen's Gardens that can be comically avoided simply by picking up the relic. This causes the Knight to reduce their hitbox by bending over, allowing the Fool Eater to snap harmlessly above their head.
- Despite their name, Fool Eaters have nothing to do with the Colosseum of Fools or its inhabitants.
- ↑ Wanderer's Journal, p. 45.
- ↑ Fool Eater Hunter's Journal entry: "Carnivorous plant that snaps at any creature that comes close."