Hold down FOCUS/CAST to drain SOUL and regenerate health at a rate of 1 mask per 33 SOUL.
Continuing to hold FOCUS/CAST will continue to heal 1 mask of health as long as the Knight has 33 or more SOUL. This also skips the startup time.
If the Knight does not have enough SOUL, it is not possible to use Focus. However, if Focus is used while at full health, or a full cast of Focus is not performed, stored SOUL is still used up. Getting hit by an enemy interrupts casting (even while protected by Baldur Shell) and wastes any SOUL used during the incomplete cast.
Several charms change the way Focus works:
- Baldur Shell gives protection while focusing.
- Deep Focus heals 2 masks of health per focus at a much slower rate.
- Joni's Blessing turns all masks into lifeblood masks, preventing the player from focusing.
- Quick Focus allows the player to Focus at twice the speed.
- Shape of Unn allows the player to move while focusing.
- Spore Shroom creates a cloud of damaging spores after a "burst" of focus.
How to Acquire
The Knight starts the game with this ability. A tutorial prompt will appear the first time the Knight is injured, but Focus may still be activated before this.