- Main article: Damage Values and Enemy Health
Using Flukenest is primarily a preference-based decision, as range and consistency have to be sacrificed for approximately double damage. Flukenest's main advantage is the massively increased damage compared to not having it, which can be helpful for bosses.
Wearing it unlocks extra dialogue with Fluke Hermit.
How to Acquire
Replaces the horde of flukes with one massive, volatile fluke that does 3 impact damage and explodes into a dung cloud that does 1 damage per tick for 23 ticks.
Charm Combo Tips
Shaman Stone increases the damage to 5, resulting in a total damage of 45 with Vengeful Spirit and 80 with Shade Soul. Fluke projectiles are also bigger. Shaman Stone does not affect the damage or duration of Defender's Crest + Flukenest, though it does increase the frequency of the ticks, allowing for 29 ticks.
- This charm does not damage the Hollow Knight.
- Prior to the Lifeblood update, Flukenest cost only two Notches and dealt 5 damage per fluke (7 with Shaman Stone).
- Save files created before the update are not affected by the cost change.
- The flukes change appearance depending on the Spell and whether Defender's Crest is equipped.
|Summoned Fluke||Fluke with Shade Soul||Volatile Fluke, spawned by using Defender's Crest|