An insatiable breeder. Has populated the Waterways with its kind. Its insides double as a nest for young Flukefeys.
The desire to breed, to leave behind a memory of ourselves in the shape of a child... it seems to be etched deep into the heart of every living creature. I too have felt the pull of that base instinct.
Flukemarm is the mother of all Flukes infesting the Royal Waterways. Her body is used as a nest for young Flukefeys. Like her children, she was infected and made hostile, although her condition as breeder prevents her from leaving her cave.
Flukemarm can be found suspended in a hidden cave below the pipework of the Royal Waterways. She lays dormant at first but will show hostility as soon as the Knight strikes her. Her defence relies on throwing Flukefeys at her foe.
When Flukemarm is defeated, the Infection within bursts out, making her explode. She leaves behind the Flukenest charm.
Behaviour and Tactics
Flukemarm has the following singular attack:
- Spawn: Flukemarm spits out two Flukefeys from either of her orifices telegraphed by bile spewing out of the selected ones. There can only be a maximum of 6 Flukefeys spawned at once.
An optional boss that is located in the centre of a massive room. She remains passive and idle until provoked by damage. The Knight is not locked into this fight, meaning the Knight is free to escape anytime during the fight.
An "offensive" tactic requires upgrading the Nail enough (at least the Channelled Nail) to kill Flukefeys in one hit or using Fragile Strength / Unbreakable Strength with at least the Sharpened Nail. Focus on killing the Flukefeys as quickly as possible and hit Flukemarm between spawns.
A "defensive" tactic involves using Quick Focus and Stalwart Shell to buy time, Soul Catcher and Grubsong to generate enough SOUL to heal, and Thorns of Agony to help kill the Flukefeys and occasionally damage Flukemarm herself if the Knight is close enough to her.
The most important thing to avoid in this fight is falling into the water. Since the Knight cannot attack while swimming, they are left completely defenceless.
Hall of Gods text: "I lie within a maze of pipes"
"Alluring god of motherhood"
|Pantheon||Pantheon of the Artist, 8th boss|
|Arena changes||Arena is missing top left platform compared to base game fight. First 6 Flukefeys have more Health on Ascended difficulty or above.|
Dream Nail Dialogue
Flukemarm is located in a hidden area of the Royal Waterways. Desolate Dive/Descending Dark is needed to break the breakable floor which leads to this area. Flukemarm can be found at the end of a tunnel in the southwest.
- Flukemarm used to only use the ambient theme for the Royal Waterways. It has since been changed to the action theme.
- After Flukemarm's defeat, the upper part of the body is left in the arena. It can be attacked with the Nail or with spells and can even be Nail-bounced on. However, this does not result in anything happening.
- Fluke Hermit: "Mother’s glow... so angry... so angry…"
- Deleted livestream on Mixer
- Flukemarm Hunter's Journal entry: "An insatiable breeder. Has populated the Waterways with its kind. Its insides double as a nest for young Flukefeys."
- Fluke Hermit Dream Nail dialogue: "Mother’s glow... so angry... so angry…"
- Footage of Flukemarm's battle, dated March 2017