|Crystal Guardian||Enraged Guardian|
Heavyset miner of the Crystal Peak overcome by crystal growth. Can discharge blazing beams of light from its crystallised limbs.
How does the world look to this creature, gazing out from within its crystal prison? Does it see only light? Is that what drives it into a frenzy?
The Enraged Guardian is the second form of the Crystal Guardian and an optional boss in Hollow Knight. It is faster and tougher than its original form and deals twice the amount of damage with its attacks. Both forms have to be beaten to unlock its Journal entry.
Behaviour and Tactics
The Enraged Guardian has the same three manoeuvres as its first form:
- Laser Beam: The Enraged Guardian shoots a beam of crystal energy from its hand. It targets the Knight with its arm, firing a beam where they were when it started its attack. The beam is dangerous for about half a second.
- Sky Beams: The Enraged Guardian screams, and throughout the arena, up to four beams of crystal energy shoot down from the ceiling, in succession. These beams each trigger at different times and stay dangerous for about half a second. This attack can happen in conjunction with the Laser Beam attack. Each beam can be at a different angle between plus and minus 15 degrees from the vertical.
- Hop: The Enraged Guardian randomly hops either a short or long distance to move within the arena.
It is possible to defeat the Enraged Guardian before triggering the boss fight by having the Kingsoul Charm equipped and then using the Vengeful Spirit/Shade Soul Spell repeatedly from outside the arena.
The Enraged Guardian has the same attacks as before but is more aggressive; its attacks deal two Masks of damage instead of one, and the Sky Beams attack's beams appear one after the other rather than simultaneously. Visually the beams are now orange instead of pale pink.
The strategies discussed for the Crystal Guardian work for the Enraged Guardian as well. In addition, when standing on the far east section of the room, most of the beams from above do not hit the Knight, so they only really have to watch for the Guardian's Laser Beam attack. When the Enraged Guardian jumps close to the Knight, it tends to shoot backwards giving time to land multiple hits.
Hall of Gods text: "I rest amongst crystals and strange machinery"
|Pantheon||Pantheon of the Knight, 1st boss|
|Arena changes||The arena is smaller with spikes now added to the top half of both walls of the arena.|
Dream Nail Dialogue
The Enraged Guardian is directly above the room where the Crystal Guardian is fought. It can only be encountered if the first form has been defeated. Reaching it also requires the Monarch Wings.
- The name Enraged Guardian was coined in the Godmaster content pack, prior to which it was commonly referred to as simply "Crystal Guardian 2".
- Beating the Crystal Guardian in Godhome does not contribute to unlocking its Hunter's Journal entry.
|Main Game||Crawlid • Vengefly • Vengefly King • Gruzzer • Gruz Mother • Tiktik • Aspid Hunter • Aspid Mother • Aspid Hatchling • Goam • Wandering Husk • Husk Hornhead • Leaping Husk • Husk Bully • Husk Warrior • Husk Guard • Entombed Husk • False Knight (Failed Champion) • Maggot • Menderbug • Lifeseed • Baldur • Elder Baldur
Ambloom • Fungling • Fungoon • Sporg • Fungified Husk • Shrumeling • Shrumal Warrior • Shrumal Ogre • Mantis Youth • Mantis Warrior • Mantis Lords
Husk Sentry • Heavy Sentry • Winged Sentry • Lance Sentry • Mistake • Folly • Soul Twister • Soul Warrior • Soul Master (Tyrant) • Husk Dandy • Cowardly Husk • Gluttonous Husk • Gorgeous Husk • Great Husk Sentry • Watcher Knight • The Collector
|The Grimm Troupe|