Whenever the shield touches an enemy, the shield breaks and takes time to reform. Attacking with the Nail causes the shield to bash outward. Focusing causes the Shield to rotate even faster in a smaller radius and accelerates the shield recovery.
How to Acquire
Dreamshield only blocks some projectiles. Blocked projectiles vanish when hitting the shield. Piercing projectiles are unaffected by the shield.
- Infected projectile (Aspid Hunter, Primal Aspid, Oblobbles, Deephunter, Mawlurk, Spitting Zoteling, Obble, Battle Obble, The Hollow Knight, Elder Baldur, Volatile Gruzzer, Slobbering Husk, Brooding Mawlek, Turret Zoteling)
- Lingering Infected projectile (Nosk, God Tamer, Lesser Mawlek, Shrumal Ogre, Winged Nosk, Fluke Zoteling)
- Homing Soul orb (Soul Master, Soul Warrior, Soul Twister)
- Falling barrel (False Knight, Failed Champion)
- Dung ball (Dung Defender, White Defender)
- Wind blade (Mantis Petra,Traitor Lord, Mantis Lords, Sisters of Battle)
- Crystal laser (Crystal Guardian, Enraged Guardian, Crystallised Husk, Crystal Crawler, environmental crystals)
- Paint blob ( Paintmaster Sheo)
- Firebats (Grimm, Nightmare King Grimm)
- Spine (Spiny Husk)
- Infected gas (Fungoon)
- Lance (Lance Sentry)
- Thorn ball (Moss Knight)
- Spikey ball (Gulka)
- Pickaxe/Crescent blade (Husk Miner, Myla, Sturdy Fool)
- Explosive core *blows up (Ooma)
- Explosive spore *blows up (Sporg)
- Balled Dirtcarver *instantly spawns (Carver Hatcher)
- All Warrior Dream attacks
- Floating orange orb (Broken Vessel, Lost Kin)
- Orbiting soul orb (Soul Master, Soul Tyrant)
- Jar (The Collector)
- Fireball (Grimmkin Novice, Grimmkin Master, Grimmkin Nightmare)
- Honey spike ( Hive Knight)
- Dagger ( Pure Vessel)
- Sword (The Radiance, Absolute Radiance)
- Expanding crystal (Crystal Hunter)
- Scythe Blade (Kingsmould)
- Balled Zoteling ( Grey Prince Zote)
|An exception to both these categories are the "Homing light orbs" (The Radiance, Absolute Radiance), as they are able to be blocked a short duration after spawning but after ~3 seconds they become piercing instead|
Charm Interactions and Combo Tips
When used together, it makes the shield 15% larger and regenerate quicker.
- The pedestal where the Charm is found can be hit with the Dream Nail. The dialogue reads:
- "Protect yourself... You are our last..."
- This, combined with the Charm description, implies that the moth tribe intended to give this charm to the Seer as they were dying out.
- Markoth, who is a moth, wields a similar weapon to the Dreamshield.
- The Dreamshield temporarily disappears when interacting with NPC dialogue.
- A tink sound is played whenever the Dreamshield passes over a piece of Geo.
- When using the Nail Binding in any Pantheon, Dreamshield's damage is not affected. This damage is also not affected by the Fragile Strength/ Unbreakable Strength and Fury of the Fallen Charms.