|Monomon the Teacher||Lurien the Watcher||Herrah the Beast|
To protect the Vessel, the Dreamers lay sleeping.
Through their devotion, Hallownest lasts eternal.
The Dreamers are three beings who volunteered to be put into an eternal sleep in order to use their power to seal away the Hollow Knight. The ones who became the Dreamers are Monomon the Teacher, Lurien the Watcher, and Herrah the Beast. Their seals are present on the exterior of the Black Egg located in the Temple of the Black Egg.
The Knight encounters two projections of the Dreamers. The first time is in Greenpath after picking up the Mothwing Cloak. The second time is in the Resting Grounds after inspecting the Dreamers memorial. Both times the Dreamers tell the Knight to stop trying to break their Seals. In the Resting Grounds, the Dreamers attempt to prevent the Knight from finding their resting bodies by trapping the Knight in the Dream Realm.
After finding a Dreamer's physical body, using the Dream Nail on their body sends the Knight into a Dream that contains a vulnerable form of that Dreamer. Killing this form and absorbing it using Focus breaks their respective Seal.
The Dreamers are encountered as a group in Greenpath and the Resting Grounds.
Their physical bodies can be found in different locations, with Monomon's physical body being in the Teacher's Archives in Fog Canyon, Lurien's in the Watcher's Spire in the City of Tears, and Herrah's in Beast's Den in Deepnest.
|Destroy Monomon the Teacher|
|Destroy Lurien the Watcher|
|Destroy Herrah the Beast|
- In Team Cherry's previous game, Hungry Knight, there are three masks found on the bosses that look similar to the Dreamers', specifically Monomon's.
- In the original concepts for the Dreamers, all three Dreamers looked identical; sharing Monomon's mask and having the body shape of Lurien. The identical masks can still be seen on the archways outside the Temple of the Black Egg, and on one of the Hollow Knight promotional posters. The identical bodies can still be found on the Hollow Knight fountain in the City of Tears.
- Cut dialogue exists for all the Dreamers which can still be found in the game files.
- A test room for the Dreamers exists in the game's files. It contains a figure that looks exactly like the original concept for the Dreamers. It cannot be interacted with in any way.
- A concept sketch of a spider-like being with an early Dreamer mask was shown in an exhibition at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image.