|Allows the wielder to cut through the veil between dreams and waking. Can be used to reveal hidden dreams or open gateways.|
|The Dream Nail can collect Essence, remnants of wishes and dreams.|
Cut through the veil between dreams and waking.
Hold down DREAM NAIL to charge and swing the Dream Nail. This can perform several functions:
- Extract Essence from Ghosts
- Activate Whispering Roots
- Collect SOUL from living Enemies (33 SOUL)
- Challenge Warrior Dreams
- Challenge Dream Bosses
- Enter the minds of Dreamers
- Access the Shrine of Believers
- Access the White Palace (Awoken Dream Nail)
- Obtain Void Heart
- Challenge The Radiance
- Summon The Grimm Troupe
- Access Godhome
- Switch boss forms in Hall of Gods
- Read the minds of NPCs, Enemies (excluding Warrior Dreams), some statues and corpses
- Use to set or travel to a Dream Gate (Requires 900 Essence)
|The Dream Wielder charm, granted by the Seer after collecting 500 Essence, greatly reduces the charge time of the Dream Nail and doubles the SOUL gained from hitting living enemies (from 33 to 66).|
How to Acquire
Awoken Dream Nail
|Allows the wielder to cut through the veil between dreams and waking. Can be used to reveal hidden dreams or open gateways.
The power of the Dream Nail has fully awoken, allowing entry into certain protected memories.
The Dream Nail is upgraded. It can break into even the most protected mind.
After collecting 1800 Essence, the Dream Nail can be awoken. This allows access to dreams and memories that were previously hidden. The Awoken Dream Nail can be used on the corpse of the Kingsmould in the Palace Grounds. This will grant entry to the White Palace.
Furthermore, the Awoken Dream Nail can be used to view the Dream Nail dialogue of the Shade Cloak creature in The Abyss. This creature has different Dream Nail dialogue depending on whether Void Heart has been obtained.
Essence is the energy gained from multiple sources after obtaining the Dream Nail. After obtaining certain amounts of Essence, the player can return to the Seer for rewards. A total of 2400 is needed for all in-game rewards and Achievements, though up to 3208 essence is available from exploration and bosses. Warping using the Dreamgate uses 1 Essence each time.
- Using Dream Nail on a Ghost (26 total)
- Collecting Essence spawned by a Whispering Root (482 total)
- Defeating a Warrior Dream (1100 total)
- Defeating a Dream Boss (1600 total)
- Regular enemies have a chance to drop Essence:
- Normal chance: 0.5%
- Dream Wielder equipped: 1%
- If Essence was spent: 2%
- If Essence was spent and Dream Wielder equipped: 4%
Essence rewards from the Seer
- 100 Essence - Hallownest Seal
- 200 Essence - Spirits' Glade opens
- 300 Essence - Pale Ore
- 500 Essence - Dream Wielder Charm
- 600 Essence - Attunement Achievement
- 700 Essence - Vessel Fragment
- 900 Essence - Dream Gate
- 1200 Essence - Arcane Egg
- 1500 Essence - Mask Shard
- 1800 Essence - Awaken the Dream Nail and unlocks Awakening Achievement
- 2400 Essence - Ascension Achievement
|Collect 600 Essence|
|Collect 1800 Essence and awaken the Dream Nail|
|Collect 2400 Essence and hear the Seer's final words|
- The Dream Nail can be used to push back most enemies.
- The max amount of Essence that can be stored is 2,147,483,647 (over 2 billion).
- The Dream Nail can instantly kill both The Knight's Shade and the Siblings.
- Even though the Fluke Larvas near Flukemarm are not considered as actual enemies in-game, they will still have a chance to give 1 Essence after being destroyed.