That charm... beautiful! Most precious thing! Little lovely, will you let me see it? Have to show it to me!
Divine is a member of the Grimm Troupe. She is looking for the source of the smell deep below her, Leg Eater. She eats the Fragile Charms that he created when the Knight gives them to her, only giving them back as Unbreakable Charms after being given a large amount of Geo.
If the Knight goes to Leg Eater after upgrading all of the Fragile Charms to their Unbreakable variants while also having one of them equipped, he says that he "smells" her and goes above ground to find her.
When the Knight returns to Divine, Leg Eater's dismembered claws can be seen on the floor in front of her. After this, Divine leaves with the rest of the Grimm Troupe.
She arrives in Dirtmouth along with the rest of the Troupe with the lighting of the Nightmare Lantern. Should the Knight choose the Banishment ending and destroy the Nightmare Lantern, Divine disappears with the Troupe, leaving any currently-eaten charm where her tent was. However, she only disappears upon the defeat of Nightmare King Grimm if the Knight has already upgraded all three Fragile Charms and has listened to Leg Eater.
Divine acts as a late-game Geo sink. Compared to other Merchants, her offers are the most expensive. All of her exchanges put together total 36000. While the cost of her services is extreme, so is the payoff. The Fragile Charms carry some of the most powerful passive effects in the game, and removing their "on death" stipulation allows them to be used much more freely.
- For 9000, she will upgrade Fragile Greed to Unbreakable Greed
- For 12000, she will upgrade Fragile Heart to Unbreakable Heart
- For 15000, she will upgrade Fragile Strength to Unbreakable Strength
In order to perform an exchange, the Knight must have one of the Fragile Charms equipped. After listening to Divine, she requests the charm be given to her. If given, she eats the charm. By continually listening to her, Divine eventually requests Geo. If paid the requested amount, she excretes the Unbreakable variant of the previously ingested charm.
Divine is located in Dirtmouth after the Grimm Troupe has been summoned. She resides in a smaller tent to the west of the main one.
- Due to how the Banishment ending works, the unbreakable charms are permanently unobtainable if the Knight decides to banish the troupe.
- If Divine has a Charm currently consumed when the Grimm Troupe is banished, then it will be left on the ground, still in its Fragile version, when returning to Dirtmouth.
- When Divine eats a Charm, it subtracts one Charm for the purposes of Salubra's shop and a respective completion percentage.
- Wanderer's Journal, p. 152.
- Divine: "We came, and I can smell something. Something deep below us. I want it... I want it!"
- Leg Eater: "I know where you are now. Above me. Much above me, but I know where to go. I will come! Don't try to hide from me!"
- Divine: "One final gift! Ahhhhhhhh! I liked it very much. Very, very good. So good! Eaaauuurrgggh!! Eaauurggh! Now, I can follow Master..."