The flowers originate from outside of Hallownest from a place known as "lands serene". They were brought to the kingdom by the great knight Ze'mer, who is now the Grey Mourner. The delicate flowers are rare, sacred objects which have a pure aura. They glow faintly with pale light.
There is a rare power hidden in their fragile petals. When a flower come in contact with Void, it causes both the bug holding the flower and the Void to disappear. The flower remains behind, only slightly tinged by Void. Godseeker wonders if the flowers are splinters of something greater, but is unable to figure out whether this is true, as she cannot detect a resonance from it.
Given by the Grey Mourner, to be delivered onto the grave of the Traitors' Child in the Queen's Gardens. Successfully completing this quest by taking the undamaged flower to the Traitors' Child's grave and then returning to Grey Mourner rewards a Mask Shard.
If failed, either by destroying the flower or giving it to an NPC, the quest can be attempted again by accepting another flower from the Grey Mourner.
Additional flowers can be acquired after the quest is completed, allowing flowers to be given to other recipients once the Grey Mourner has departed. These can be found growing near the grave where the original flower was delivered. The Delicate Flower taken from the grave comes with a different description:
- Taken from the Queen's Gardens. It glows faintly with pale light.
- The flower is very fragile and will be destroyed if you take damage or ride the Stagways.
Ways to Destroy the Flower
|Bring peace to the Grey Mourner|
- Blocking a hit with the Baldur Shell Charm equipped does not destroy the Delicate Flower, but avoiding damage with Carefree Melody does.
- Taking damage with the flower in the inventory lets out a burst of petals in a unique hit animation.
- While riding the Stagways breaks the flower, riding the Trams does not.
- Accepting the flower automatically sets the Knight's save point to the Bench outside the Grey Mansion.
- Taking the flower from the Queen's Gardens does not automatically set the Bench. This can be used to teleport to any Bench with the flower, making it much easier to deliver it to a location. This can be done by sitting on a Bench, travelling to the Queen's Gardens and picking up the flower, and then quitting to the menu.