- Main article: Damage Values and Enemy Health
The clouds are not very powerful and have very little range, making it situational. Useful when fleeing enemies, as the clouds will linger behind the Knight and damage pursuing enemies. It can be very useful during both Broken Vessel and Lost Kin fights since the cloud can kill the Infected Balloon in only one tick, so the Knight can focus on the boss and win precious healing time. It also damages Oomas, triggering their explosion. As such, it is best to use caution when traversing these areas with this charm equipped.
Costing only one notch, it is most effective when used with one of the other charms listed below, as it greatly increases their power.
How to Acquire
Defender's Crest increases the damage of the spore cloud to 2 damage per tick and makes the cloud last 4.1 seconds. However, tick frequency is decreased, allowing for only 20 ticks (40 total damage). Also changes the visual of the cloud.
Replaces the horde of flukes with one massive volatile fluke that deals 3 impact damage and explodes into a dung cloud that deals 1 damage per tick for 23 ticks (29 with Shaman Stone).
Lowers hatchling contact damage by 5, adding it back in the form of a 1-second dung cloud that will do on average 4-5 damage. Hatchlings spawned when Fury of the Fallen is active have their contact damage restored; the dung cloud damage is not affected.
- Wearing Defender's Crest unlocks extra dialogue with Elderbug, White Lady, Relic Seeker Lemm, Dung Defender, Leg Eater, Tuk, and Divine.
- Leg Eater will also give a 20% discount on his items and repairs
- Relic Seeker Lemm will refuse to barter
- Tuk will give The Knight a free Rancid Egg
- Attracts small flying bugs in some areas.