Timid scavenger that crawls through the caverns looking for food.
Dull and pathetic. Hardly worth killing.
Behaviour and Tactics
Meanders back and forth peacefully and doesn't attempt to target the Knight. Cannot climb up walls or ceilings.
Dream Nail Dialogue
- ...Away. Away...
Crawlids can be found mainly in the Forgotten Crossroads, as well as in the Howling Cliffs, King's Pass, and the northeast part of Greenpath. One can be found at the northwest corner of the Blue Lake.
- The Hunter's Journal entry for the Crawlid is automatically filled in upon acquiring the Journal.
- The Crawlid is one of the few enemies that respawns upon leaving and re-entering the room.
- In a Kickstarter update they were referred to as "Snittering Crawlid":
- "Nothing more than a nuisance, these oblivious little scavengers wander about aimlessly looking for scraps of food."
- The design of the Crawlid prior to release featured a smooth shell with no spikes.
- Its design was changed after feedback from internal and public playtests. These tests revealed that the old design did not make it clear that jumping on a Crawlid's back could deal contact damage.
- In the beta, Crawlids already had spikes, but they were smaller than they are in the final release, with the frontmost spike missing.
- A dead Crawlid with a smooth shell can be seen in the Tower of Love, inside one of the Collector's jars.