- Respawn at the Bench after quitting the game or dying
- Replenish all health (including Lifeblood Masks granted by Charms, but depletes all Lifeblood Masks from Cocoons)
- Equip and unequip Charms
- Fill out the Map with places already explored (requires purchasing a Quill)
- If Salubra's Blessing has been purchased, the Knight slowly replenishes SOUL
- Respawn enemies (not in the Bench room) that were defeated prior to sitting
- Respawn Lifeblood Cocoons
- Refill depleted Soul Totems
In some cases, Benches must be unlocked by paying a toll machine with Geo.
Toll Bench Locations and Prices
There are a variety of styles of Benches all throughout the game, with many unique to a specific area.
- Occasionally The Knight can encounter NPCs on benches, these being:
- The Crystal Guardian boss is first encountered sitting on a Bench. Attacking it starts the fight and it is not possible to rest at the Bench before defeating it.
- A fake Bench found in Distant Village is set up by Distant Villagers to trap the Knight to bring them into Beast's Den.
- The Bench in Leg Eater's location is actually a corpse that can be Dream Nailed, giving the line: "Why?"
- A cut Bench called "ancient_bench" comprised of the bodies of dead Vessels existed in game files at one point, but was later removed.
- Another cut bench named "Hornet_room_bench" also existed in the game files upon release. It was part of an unused room that was inaccessible and cannot be found in the game anymore.