Carries the eggs of its young inside its belly. Can hatch and birth its young as needed to deal with intruders.
Shamelessly uses its own young as a weapon against its foes! Appalling, yes, but I do admire its resourcefulness. Good hunters do not always make good parents.
Behaviour and Tactics
Births Aspid Hatchlings one at a time, up to a maximum of fifteen. Two more hatchlings are spawned upon defeat.
The primary danger is that she spawns Aspid Hatchlings. Keep an eye on the hatchlings and strike the mother either when there is an opening, or once the hatchlings have been dealt with.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
- In a Kickstarter update, she was referred to as Bulbous Hummingnit (Female):
- "The female of this species is just as aggressive as the male. Appallingly, it uses its own young as a defensive measure against intruders."
- A particularly large dead Aspid Mother can be seen where the Glowing Womb is collected, although it isn't fought.
- When Dream Nailed, she gives the dialogue "Breed..."
- She is referred to as "giant_hatcher_corpse" and "HATCHLING_QUEEN_CORPSE" in the game's files
- Pre-release Aspid Mother featured a reddish body colour rather than bright orange.
- ↑ Wanderer's Journal, p. 31.
- ↑ Aspid Mother Hunter's Journal entry: "Carries the eggs of its young inside its belly. Can hatch and birth its young as needed to deal with intruders."
- ↑ Kickstarter update of November 22, 2014.
- ↑ Team Cherry Blog post of November 27th, 2014.