Bests its prey by spitting corrosive liquid. Often hunts in packs.
Cunning predators that will try to pick you off from a distance. Don't give them any space, just charge in and cut them down! You'll find they're not so cunning once they are dead.
Behaviour and Tactics
Will aimlessly hover around until approached by the Knight. It attacks from a distance by spitting blobs of corrosive liquid.
It is best to get in close and strike as soon as possible. They can easily be heard from a distance by the whirring sound their wings make.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
They can also be spawned by the Collector.
- The Aspid Hunter is one of the few enemies that respawn upon leaving and re-entering the room.
- In a Kickstarter update, it was referred to as Bulbous Hummingnit (Male):
- "The male of this species is extremely aggressive, and will spit corrosive balls of venom at prey and intruders alike. Especially dangerous when encountered in packs."
- Pre-release Aspid Hunter featured a reddish venom sack opposed to bright orange.
- ↑ Wanderer's Journal, p. 31.
- ↑ Aspid Hunter Hunter's Journal entry: "Bests its prey by spitting corrosive liquid. Often hunts in packs."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Team Cherry Blog post of November 27th, 2014.